Wednesday, May 23, 2007

great times coming tomorrow

I went to the new Walmart today on Russel and Eastern. Wow it is huge. I was there with Sarah, Mikayla and Trenton. Everytime I would get out of Trenton's site I would hear Bampa. That is what he calls me sometimes. Mikayla kept saying Grandma I need this. We need to buy those bubble blowers and we need bubbles. I need that Cinderella doll. She knows I don't like Dora and she sees it and says "look who that is grandma". I didn't see it and said "who?" She said look. I said oh Dumb Dora. Do you remember the show that said "_______ was so dumb, how dumb was it?" That is what I refer to. I got in trouble by Grandma Honey one day because Mikayla was at the store with her and said dumb Dora. Grandma Honey told me it wasn't nice. lol (Grandma Honey is the other grandma.) It is fun to be with my grandkids.

My Nana (Dianna) comes home in the morning. Will I sleep tonight? Will she sleep tonight? She has to come home alone because no other missionaries are to be released. It will be scary for her. She won't have a companion and has to change planes. It scares me. I don't like to do things alone. I will give up my guest bedroom for her. Aren't I a wonderful mom? lol Her homecoming talk is Sunday. She sent me a scripture through a member. Yes she keeps the rules to the end. It is 2 John 1:12 Look it up. What a perfect scripture. Her friend Christine Taylor comes home this week with her mom also. They left on the same day. It will be an emotional day tomorrow. I feel bad that she has to come home to the gossip and such going on in our lives. She will be the light that I need right now.

I can't wait to see Sarah and Mikayla dance together. Sarah took tap from Lori. Lori gave private lessons back then. Sarah wouldn't do her first dance until I promised her a green ice cream cone. Now she is dancing with her daughter. No I didn't take tap so I am not dancing. I have sat through enough lessons to know it.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I can't wait to see pics of Sarah & Mikayla dancing together. I hope it went well. Post some pics if Sarah doesn't! I hope Dianna will be okay coming home alone, I bet it will be scary, but she will be so excited to see you guys she should be fine!

barlows said...

You are such a good mom and grandma! I can't believe Mikayla didn't pressure you for the green ice cream. She was working Preston as they were leaving. Dianna is beautiful and seems happy to be home. We'll be gone Sunday, which bums me cuz I'd love to hear her report. I'll have to schedule a private one with her. In the meanwhile I'll read the scripture. And rumors? What rumors? Love ya! :)

Sarah said...

i don't know about you but i'm glad that day is over. i was exhausted.

Beth said...

I didn't check this until Friday, but I know you must be SO glad to have Dianna home. I just want to look at my kids and touch them once they've been gone a long time. I had a great missionary experience today. I wish I had the voice of an angel...! I also can't wait until Michael is gone. Wait, that didn't sound right. But, you know what I mean. Having a missionary out is a cool thing.

barlows said...

Uh, don't you know blogging helps get over food poisoning? Cuz, you haven't blogged in, like, A WEEK! You got important things to write about girl. We missed you last night, but I hope you're feeling better. Gobble Gobble.