Tuesday, May 1, 2007

ride baby ride

I finally felt good enough I could leave my family while we went to Laughlin. I knew they could handle things while I was gone. I took care of some things in the morning so I could prove innocence of things we were accused of. I still don't know if the accuser believes the proof. Oh well, if not woo be unto him or should I say them. Anyway, we rode the Harley. Our neighbors came with us. I think it was 110 down there. It wasn't that hot last year. We had a good time. The multitudes weren't there yet. It is fun going up and down the strip. We mostly walked around in the booths. We left before the rifraf began. My neighbors are so nice. I really think they would make great members of this true church. We came back to Vegas and slept in our own beds. I love my bed.
We left for St George today. That is a long way on the back of a bike though. Good thing we have a radio and headphones so we can talk to each other. I can carry on a good conversation with myself but i don't really like it when I answer back. We checked into the hotel and went back out to the bikes. Guess who we ran into, L. Tom Perry. Wow that was awesome. He is really tall and what a wonderful, kind, spirit. It is funny we ran into him because my DIL just got his address for me so I could write him with some concerns I have over what has just transpired with my family. (You have to write to your area leader. ) He and his wife were there for their anniversary. She is really a good person also. We had a nice tak with them, they are so wonderful, of course what general authority isn't? lol We told him our friends were not members and he said we could take care of that. They just laughed. I think he could tell they were good people. We said goodbye and rode to the Harley store. You have to go to them all ya know. Then we went to Zion. It was beautiful. Not very many tourists...roads were clear...weather was wonderful. It kinda freed my mind. What beauty God created for us to enjoy. We got back to the hotel got in the jacuzzi after hours (they let us if we were quiet--it was hard but I was quiet). I was exhausted. Amazing how tired you get just sitting all day. lol
We got up saturday and went to Bryce Canyon. It was such a great weekend for the weather. There were lots of Harleys. Mostly from California. We came down the mountain through Panquitch, Brian Head and Parawoan. It was a little chilly at Brian Head as we went through just before it got dark. I wasn't cold I had my leathers and stuff on. Our friends weren't as equipped. They were a little cold.
When we came home we came the old way around the gorge. It was fun. It was hot also. But we stop often to rest. Joe has cruise control but our friends don't. On the way back I thought oh no back to the same problems blaugh. Oh well this to shall pass. No I don't want my own bike. I like sitting on the back. I just have to figure out how to read a book while I am on the back. lol I am just so funny. haha

You have never experienced Bryce or Zion like you do on the back of a bike. REALLY!

2 comments:

barlows said...

Okay, I am glad you're back and up and riding. You were crackin' me up! I am wondering, though, if Elder Perry was riding his Harley, too? AND it's good to know you can be quiet when you have to be! I'll remember that at the next scrapbook thing . . . we'll have to imagine we're scrappin' in a hot tub. Talk to you later.

Sarah said...

so cool you met elder Perry. He's so great! and glad you had a fun time.