Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Countdown...

Dianna comes home in a week yeah. Countdown the days. Where am I going to put her? She will have to go in the guest room until I get Tim out of here. I want to miss him. I love having missionaries. When he gets back Bob will go. She will leave in a month to go back to NY to be in the Hill Cumorah Pageant.
We did Bob's eagle project last week. It was great and I thank those who came, not many did but enough and we were greatful for them. It seemed to go well. I hope the signs stay up. They are not cemented in. If a strong wind blows they could topple over.
We are going on a cruise on the 3rd to Alaska. We are only taking the boys that are at home, of course. We are going with my brother and his family. They have two boys the same age as my kids. We ran into a problem with Bob's passport. It expires 3 days before we go. Oh well, he only needs it to get back in the US. lol We put a rush on it and it should be fast because it is a renewal. If not we stay in Canada til they can fed ex his new one to us. lol. Joe and Bob will like that won't they. Fishing and fishing and fishing.
The housecleaners came today along with the gardner and car washers. It is a great day. Everything is clean, clean, clean. I love it. Maybe when my kids are gone (what day will that be) I will clean my own house again. lol

Let me tell you about what happened on the way to Panaca. We got about 1/3 of the way and Joe said "I don't have any fuel getting through to the engine" Then he said "Everything just shut down on the motorhome." Mind you we just got it out of the shop from the Dunes disaster that happened because fleetwoods mechanic can't put a oil filter on right. Joe pulled over to the side of the road as much as he could without tipping it over. He unhooked the jeep and he and Bob took off back to town. Also, my parents were with us-they never come with us-so this break down is not a good thing. Joe had to drive all the way back to town. Catapillar would not send a mechanic--they wanted to tow it back. Well, we needed it in Panaca. We called the mechanic from our business. In the meantime--Preston and Sarah saw us on the side of the road and we have a few laughs---they took my parents and Mikayla with them. The mechanic and Joe changed a fuse a 5 amp fuse and it started. We went the length of the motor home and it stopped again. Joe put a 10 amp in this time and asked the mechanic to follow us for a little while and give us extras. Oh, Prestons sister MaryKate came by and stopped and took the girls with her. It was great we made it. My parents ran and got in it when we got to the Wadsworth's. They were worried about where they were going to stay and how they were going to get home. Other than that it was a great time. Things like this just add a little bit of adventure to the trip. lol

2 comments:

Sarah said...

wasn't that a fun weekend! lol. nothing can ever be normal for us.

Jana said...

Ain't that the truth