Thursday, May 3, 2007

robbers and thieves

Last night I left my children home (Bobby 16, Christina 14, Sabrina 12, Jenna 10). Joe was out with friends. Tim was out with friends. Jana (that's me) went to ward cooking class with friends. I told the kids to make sure every door was locked. On my way out the door from cooking class I get a call from the neighbor that another neighbor was almost robbed. I guess some hooligan broke into my neighbors house stole stuff and then jumped the fence and threw a rock through this nieghbors french door and proceeded to knock the rest of the glass out with a paint pole. All the lights were out in her house except for the room she was in. She heard the noise and turned her bedroom light on (that was the room it happened in) The guy ran away. She called 911. They kept her on the phone. The cops came. Of course they found nothing. They never show up when they are needed. They just harrass my kids in the desert. Another story. The cop said to keep lights on in your house. Keep it well lit outside. Have a gun available but not where a robber can find it. We have had a lot of burgleries in the area. Some in the middle of the day. I came home and Bob was gone --to a friends and the girls has doors unlocked. Needless to say I came unglued at them. I want to bestoe fear into them. It is just to scary.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

what! You didn't tell me this story!. I can't believe that!

barlows said...

Maybe you should record the "unglueing" you had with your kids and set it to play whenever someone triggers the security lights. Ya know, like a big loud speaker in the yard. Then you could customize the message. Like for a rash of robberies you could have, "Hey you hooligan. Get off my property before I fire one of my twenty-nine loaded guns at your behind for even thinking you'll knock my window out with that paint stick." It could come in handy, too, when Christina is a little older and dating and she's trying to have some quiet moments with a boyfriend. Your recording could be something like, "Christina, you are a chosen daughter of God and I don't think he wants you outside this late at night, sweetie." Or, ya know, whatever. I've seen you go momma bear before about your kids and I think a little dose of that would be a good security system for your place :) Love ya!

michelle said...

I linked to your blog thru Sarah's. What a wonderful daughter you have. I just want you to know that you, and your family have been in my thoughts, and prayers. Life sure can throw some curve balls at times. Hang in there friend.