Tuesday, May 1, 2007

My dear child

I learned something tonight while at dinner with my family. My son pointed out to me by saying "Don't you remember Mom what it said in the Work and the Glory III about it is ours to forgive?" Wow, I must learn from this spiritual giant I have raised and the one that was mostly attacked. Ya know I don't care what is said about me but do not attack my children. What warriors my children are. What faith they have. We think we are teaching our children but we really aren't they are teaching us. Joe taught me a long time ago. These children come to this earth with certain characteristics and we can try to guide them but when all is said and done they will do what they want. We cannot change these spirits. We just love them. All of them. I am blessed to have the children I do. That includes my adopted ones. Chris is included in that. He is very valiant. I believe he and Tim were friends before they came to this earth. Chris has been through a lot--to be kicked out of his house because he didn't clean his room---to where he is now a district leader on his mission. So what I started to say is I am going to pray to find forgiveness in my heart for the wrongs that have been put upon my family. I pray others will forgive anything I have done to them. Let us not listen to gossip or spread gossip. I learned a long time ago to not believe something that was said unless I asked the person that said it if it were true.

We have a mommy daughter date tonight at yw. It was pretty fun. We had to do like the newlywed game and answer 3 things about our daughters. Then they had to answer ours. I think my girls know me better than I know them. lol We did pretty good though. It was fun and I thank all those who put on the show.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I've been feeling the same way! it seems like everything lately has been about forgiveness! it has been hard for me too.

barlows said...

Yikes! This has been a real trial for you and I'm glad to see the growth from something so hard (whatever it may be.) It's a good example to me :) I read a REALLY good article in the Ensign about offense and forgiveness last year that really helped me when I was had been offended. Let me know if you want the link. Talk to you soon.