Saturday, October 11, 2008

Thoughts

My girls go to a private school that teaches leadership, patriotism, and faith. The faith they teach is our LDS faith. To tell you the truth right now I would put them in a school that taught any of the Christian faith as long as it was not public school. My children are scared putting their kids in public school with what they teach. I do not want the schools teaching my children about sex--you can have it just use protection, homosexuality--it is okay to have two dads or moms, or patriotism or no religion. Just going to church on Sunday is not enough. Just going to seminary is not enough. We need to be teaching our children about our values and the Book of Mormon and its teachings. We need to be reading our scriptures and the church publications. We need to be prepared financially and mentally. We are in for hard times. I hope this economy comes back but we need to be prepared. We have been taught this for many years. OK I have lots of food storage but are we prepared spiritually? Are we having FHE weekly? Are we praying? Just some thoughts.

1 comments:

Alexis Treese said...

Shoot, I need to get up on our food storage. :) Now that Im pregnant, I definitely feel the anxiety. I dont know how mothers do it.