Wednesday, June 13, 2007

lots of laughs

I am so funny. haha. I hope you are doing much better Annilee. I asked what you could or couldn't have to eat and they said you didn't have a set diet. I hope it was ok. Anywho. I am back from my cruise. We (Joe and I) took Tim and Bob with us on an Alaskan cruise. We went with my brother and his two boys. I loved Alaska. It is beautiful. We had a great time. This is how it went. We left Sunday morning. Bobby is still in training on his insulin pump. Well, he didn't go to the pharmacy and pick up his insulin. We found this out at 6 am Sunday. You cannot get his insulin without a perscription. It must be the new drug of choice. I guess everyone wants to kill themselves on it. One shot and that is what would happen if you didn't need it. We figured we should be able to get the perscription transferred to Alaska. He said he had enough to last but what if he doesn't. At the airport while we wait for the plane I kick up a conversation with a man who is from Canada. I asked him if he knew if we could get insulin without a perscription in Canada. Joe said "He won't know that!" My boys are looking at me like I am crazy. The man says well "As it so happens, my wife is diabetic and no you have to have a perscription." O ya, we think we need to check into United well we had to walk back with our luggage to the International Airport because we are flying Canada air. It is probably 1/2 mile. Then you have to go through custums. They have to search Bob because of his pump. I got 0 (that means no) sleep Saturday night. I was so tired. We have a good flight. We take the limo to the ship and meet my brother there. We booked a penthouse so we had champagne, flowers and fruit waiting for us because we are starved. You know a hooch and a tiny bag of trail mix doesn't go very far. We find food on the ship, yes! That is what you do on ship eat, eat, eat....We are in the very front of the ship and have a great balcony. I hate to do those life jacket drills. we leave yes. Monday we sail. Tuesday we dock at Ketchican. It is beautiful. We saw the old house of ill repute (Dolly's) She was the madam and the--you know. We saw a eagle up close. He was beautiful. They are everywhere. We shopped and toured. It was beautiful. We ate real fish and chips. Then we got back on and sailed to Juneau. The boys (men) went fishing. My sil and I looked around the port and went to see a glacier and a rain forest garden. It was beautiful. The glacier is blue. I thought the ice would be solid but it is like round ice frozen from your freezer. I don't know why it is blue. The waterfalls are so wonderful. You wanted to swim but I really don't like cold water. I like my pool just so. 89*. I don't think I would have been in that water past my little toe. They have Walmart in Juneau. I didn't make it there darn it. In the rain forest, it is owned by a landscaper. He bought a excavator for quite a bit of money (I know), his wife was mad. He did 30,000. worth of damage to it with a tree so he took the tree, picked it up and was slamming it with the excavator. It landed upside down with the roots exposed. He had a brilliant idea. He left it that way and put moss and flowers all in the root area. The flowers cascade down the sides like an umbrella. It is gorgeous. I would love to do that here. Tim and my nephew caught two big salmon. We got back on the ship and ate some more. We stopped at Skagway. We took a train ride on the trail they used to get to Skagway through Canada. We saw black bear there. More beautiful waterfalls, bigger than I have ever seen. I have been to a lot of places. My boys even enjoyed these scenery trips. Especially the bear. They wanted to get out and chase it like they did when we went to Canada. Silly boys. We shopped and bought stuff for the kids. The ship tried to take us to a huge glacier but there were to many ice bergs in the way. We headed home. Two days on the ship. People were sitting in the lounge chairs by the pool with blankets and parkas on it was hilarious. It was mostly a cruise for old people. No...I mean older than me. I am used to warm cruises down south. It was nice to spend some time with my brother and his family. We get together only once or twice a year. We are going to Hawaii for Christmas and they might join us. That would be nice. Enough boring you all. I am still rocking. The puppies are so cute. Oh, I had to have Sarah take the mommy to the vet because she didn't look to good when I left. All was well.
We might be gone this Sunday. We are thinking about going to the cabin. Sarah said it was wonderful up there.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

fun trip. maek sure you bring your towels home from the cabin instead of leaving them for me! lol.

barlows said...

alright. now that's what I am talking about. Good report; only disappointed that you didn't hit Wal-Mart while you were up there. Tyler and I did a lot of the stuff you did when we did our cruise a couple years ago. We learned the ice is blue cuz of how the light refracts or something like that. Too scientific for me to understand.

Beth said...

Welcome back.

annilee said...

Actually your blog very much entertained me for the day! And I am doing much better every day, but thanks for your concern. KEEP BLOGGING!Sounds like a fun cruise, Cole has done work in Kethican, and we now have all the hookups on staying there if you ever want to!

annilee said...

O.k. Jana time for a new blog? What am I to do nobody is blogging?

Beth said...

Hello?????