Sunday, November 25, 2007

thinking..........

We had a great Thanksgiving. I had all of my children there. It may be the last time in many years we will all be together. When Tim comes home from his mission Bobby will be gone on his. Who knows where the rest of us will be. It was great. My parents were there and Joe's mom was here. It was very nice. Our dishwasher decided to crash because one of my lovely children decided to put dish washing detergent for the sink in it and bubbled the heck out of it and shorted the works. So we had to wash everything by hand. My new dishwasher and trash compactor and faucet are now installed thanks to my wonderful, he can do anything husband. He is amazing. We really didn't need a new compactor, I don't know why he bought a new one--oh yes I do--we needed one with a stainless front not a black front, because everything in the kitchen is stainless now except the fridge. No I am not going to change that. Tomorrow Tim and Chris talk. I guess I better bring my Kleenex. I am getting soft in my old age. Bobby gets his eagle that evening. It will be a busy wonderful day. Tim leaves in 9 days. I need to mark his clothes. He is mostly ready. He can't take much. He only gets to take 44 pounds to Cape Verde. The planes are small there I guess. Or maybe the row boat. lol He is getting excited to go on this new adventure. I am excited for him. He will be greatly missed around here but I know he needs this mission as much as it needs him.

We were outside putting up our nativity on the lawn and this car came by staring at all the houses, which isn't out of the ordinary. The Flaggs went by and saw me talking with the guy. He was black, skinny, wore his cap to the side, driving a 04-05 Escalade. Sandy (girl living with the Flaggs) said it was Flavo flave. Some has been rapper. I looked him up. He used to wear a clock biiiiggg clock around his neck and had his teeth with his name in them. I don't really know if it was him or not but I really didn't care.

I hope everyone had a wonderful, thankful turkey day. I pray for my neighbors mother who has a bad bug of somekind that mutates and avoids antibiotics. She is not doing very well and I hope that they don't lose her. She is very contagious. They have to gown up and wear masks to see her. She is in quarantine in the hospital. A nonmember friend suggested we give her a blessing. How do I suggest that to my neighbor?

2 comments:

barlows said...

Hey. Seriously, Flavo-Flave lives in the area. Really. There have been other sitings. Maybe he's neighborhood shopping. The little I say of Bobby's Court of Honor was great :) Congrats on all accounts ya softie!

Jana said...

I don't need someone with their name engraved in their teeth in my neighborhood. No thanks. Not my style. We have a quiet neighborhood.........most of the time. lol