Thursday, April 12, 2007

Missionaries...

I love missionaries. I love writting to them and mailing them packages and hearing all their stories. Today was Chris's day to e-mail. I didn't get to write back and forth because I didn't catch him on. He is such a great kid. He has come a long way. He joined our family about 5 years ago. He was kicked out of his house because he didn 't clean his room. I told him to move in here but he better clean his room and he did---sorta. Once a week when the housekeeper is here. lol I got him to finish school. He wanted to join the military and I said he could do that later. Then I said he could after his mission. Now he does not want to join. He loves his mission after a rough start we won't get into. He has been out over a year. He is in the Pittsburgh PA mission. He is originally from So Africa. His fave thing to do is say he is more African American than most people here are. He is now DL and a finish trainer. He was in Jamestown and the mission pres. just shut that city down to walking missionaries. Now he is back in Fredonia. That is twice he was transferred back to an area. He loves the Lord, he loves his mission, he loves people and can't understand why they don't love the gospel as he does. Dianna is the same. She is at the Hill Cumorah Historical Sites. She will finish at the sites and comes home on May 23. They are both so happy. I can't wait to get Tim out. Hopefully soon. By the time he gets back Bobby will go. WOW. Did I already say I love missionaries?! Chris tells me all the time how grateful he is for us letting him live here. This is his home. We are his parents. I am grateful to have him. He is a awesome child of God. Misunderstood by a lot of people but an awesome man. I love missionaries.
So...Sarah was a little upset because Mikayla didn't do her scripture in Primary. Well....I was reading my journal and found that when Sarah was 4 she was suppose to give and talk in Primary and guess what...she started and then quite because everyone was looking at her. ha That is the same as Mikayla. It is so funny. So we shouldn't be so hard on our children. I bet I was upset with her because she had her memorized too and wouldn't do it. I didn't write that in my journal. Did I mention I love kids? I must to have 9.
My cable is halfway out stupid huh! I almost didn't get to watch Idol last night. I still can't figure out why Synjaya or however you spell it is still in. He is probably a great person but not to much of a talent. I have never watched Idol before but I like it.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't wait for Dianna to get home. it's been so crazy that she hasn't been here for all of Trentons' life but as soon as she gets home it will be like she never even left. and I can't even imagine our family without Chris. in a way he was always part of our family since he and timmy were always so close.
Preston was laughing at me when I told him about your journal. See you in a little while for the Fair.

Andrea said...

That's hilarious that you have written proof that Mikayla gets this from her mom lol..Funny. Have fun at the fair!