Saturday, September 13, 2008

Long

Wow it has been a long time since I blogged and a lot has happened. Tim is a District Leader. He said not to many new missionaries are there to train. They come out but don't stay long because they miss their Mommies. His words. He is doing great and a missionary that just returned from there said he was a favorite missionary. All the missionaries want to serve with him.
We had a family reunion at Lake Powell. Most of my kids were there. We also had a famiy reunion with Joes family. We had to rent a houseboat because ours wasn't working and we got a great deal. We rented a 70' one for the same price as a littler one. That was great as we needed the room. Joes mom came with us. His family was meeting on the beach Friday and Saturday. Joe decided that he would go on Saturday. We asked his mom what she wanted to do and she said that she would go on Saturday even though we offered to take her over on Friday. We went from Wed to Wed. It was a great time. I didn't want little kids running in and out of the houseboat and getting sand all over. I guess that started a big family problem. Silly!!!!! We had a great time. It was beautiful except at night with the bugs.
We went to the temple in St George the other day. Joes brother and his wife and 2 kids were sealed. My mother in law said her prodigal son went through the temple. He has had a hard life. It is Jenna and Sabrinas bio father. I had some issues with him and didn't know if I wanted to go. Then I told Joe maybe we should go and it would help mend some feeling with the family and we would just sit and blend in. Then when I got in the temple and saw him in the chapel, I had a very peaceful feeling come over me. I am not responsible for his problems. I am at peace with him. I have overcome my animosity towards him. No we will never be best friends. I am happy for him. He has a great wife. I don't know her well but she seems to be a very good person and good for him. I wish him the best. I have a hard time writting my feelings so I hope this came out the way I meant it. It was great seeing some of Joes family.
Then Wed. night my "sister" passed away. She was diagnosed with cancer about 3 weeks ago and it took her life. I can't believe she is gone. I mourn for her children and husband. She has 10 kids. Some are still in their teens. She said she would still help Scott with the children. I leave for Denver to her funeral next week. My neighbors are coming. They have met her a few times. We were at Sturgis together. I love her and will miss her.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm sorry about Toni. She was a really fun person.